External SSDs are much more compact, lighter and faster than external HDDs. Looks like the Kingston XS1000 compares to other external HDDs. Photo: Sindonews/Danang Arradian
JAKARTA – External storage is still needed for those who travel frequently. Apart from limited laptop storage capacity, it is a good idea to always have a backup of personal files. Either in the cloud like Google Photos or Apple iCloud. Also on external storage devices such as SSD or HDD.
So, here are 5 reasons why external SSDs are important for workers with high mobility:
External SSDs use flash memory to store data, which offers much higher data transfer speeds than external HDDs that use magnetic disks. This can save workers time when accessing their files and data.
External SSDs are smaller and lighter than external HDDs. This makes external SSDs easier for workers with high mobility to carry around. External SSDs are also easier to store in a bag or suitcase.
External SSDs have no moving parts, making them more resistant to shocks and impacts. This is important for workers who often take external SSDs on the go. External SSDs are also more resistant to dust and dirt.
External SSDs can be protected with a password or other security software. This is important to maintain the security of workers’ data. Workers can use strong passwords to protect their external SSDs from access by unauthorized persons.
External SSDs are available in various sizes and capacities. Workers can choose an external SSD that suits their needs. External SSDs are available in capacities ranging from 128 GB to 2 TB or more.
Overall, an external SSD is an essential tool for mobile workers. External SSDs can help increase productivity, security, and ease of use.
How to Choose the Right External SSD
With its compact size, the Kingston XS1000 is very easy to carry. Photo: Sindonews/Danang Arradian
There are several things that must be considered before buying and choosing the right external SSD, as follows:
1. Capacity: Consider how much data will be stored on the External SSD and make sure the capacity chosen is sufficient to store all that data.
2. Data Access Speed: Consider the required data access speed and ensure that the external SSD selected has sufficient speed to support the application to be used.
3. Interface: Consider the device that will be used to connect the External SSD, and make sure the interface used is compatible with that device.
4. Security Features: Consider whether the data to be stored requires security features such as encryption or passwords, and make sure the external SSD you choose has these features.
5. Appearance and Design: Also consider the design and appearance of the external SSD you choose, make sure it suits your tastes and needs.
6. Price: Consider the price offered, make sure the price of the external SSD chosen is in accordance with the capacity and features offered.
7. Warranty: Make sure the external SSD you choose has a sufficient guarantee and is from an official and trusted vendor.