Selebtek. Suara.com – Recently, Indonesia was saddened after an accident involving a truck hitting a number of vehicles at the exit of the Bawen Toll Road, Semarang, Central Java.
As a result of the truck losing control, around 15 other vehicles also became victims.
This series of accidents reminds us that it can happen to anyone on the road, no matter how alert and careful they are. The question now is, are these consecutive accidents covered by insurance?
Especially for car insurance owners, this vehicle protection will provide protection from the risk of damage or accidents by covering repair costs when an accident suddenly occurs.
Also read: TikTok celebrity Syakirah’s 16 minute indecent video link is still being hunted by netizens
If you have protected your vehicle with car accident insurance, it will be safer and more comfortable when driving. With car accident insurance, you can also submit a claim if you are a victim of a series of collisions.
Answering this question, Benny Fajarai, Co-Founder and CMO of Lifepal.co.id, revealed how.
Types of Car Accident Insurance
Before knowing how to claim car accident insurance, it’s best to first understand what these types of protection are. Car insurance is divided into two types, namely All Risk insurance and Total Loss Only (TLO).
If All Risk insurance is able to cover all costs for minor or major car damage, such as due to natural disasters or loss, TLO insurance claims can only be submitted if total loss occurs.
Also Read: APA Profile, Mario Dandy’s Ex-Girlfriend Who Cepu-in Agnes Gracia, Turns Out to be a TikTok Celebrity
This means that compensation is only given if the vehicle is damaged above 75% or lost due to theft or confiscation. Of these two types of insurance, the most suitable for covering accidents is All Risk insurance.
This protection provides protection for the car from all risks and guarantees protection against various types of accidents. Starting from heavy ones to light ones such as abrasions or scratches.
In proportion to the benefits, you have to pay a fairly high premium to get All Risk protection. Likewise, the opposite is true, the TLO insurance premium is lower than the protection which is often called comprehensive.
The following are some of the damages covered by All Risk insurance:
1. Accident, collision, collision, overturning, slipping or falling
2. All the bad deeds of others
3. Theft, either with or without violence
4. Fire and lightning strikes
5. Various causes and risks experienced when crossing the sea by ferry
6. Wheel damage due to accidents
7. Towing costs and transportation to the nearest repair shop
8. Exceptions in the All Risk insurance policy.
How to Claim Car Accident Insurance
Being one of the types of vehicle insurance most often chosen by consumers, prepare the following documents:
1. Original insurance policy and photocopy
2. Photocopy of driver’s license and vehicle registration number/STNK
3. Evidence of a police report of loss and serious damage to the vehicle due to an accident
4. Fill out and sign the claim form by writing down the chronology of events
5. Take photos if the vehicle has damage such as scratches, dents, and so on
The following is how to claim All Risk car accident insurance:
1. Immediately take photos of the damaged vehicle parts as evidence to support your claim
2. Immediately create a written chronology so you don’t forget the details of the incident if the vehicle is damaged in an accident
3. Visit a repair shop that is registered as an insurance partner
4. Immediately contact our insurance agent and tell them about the problem if we are out of town. The agent will recommend a specific repair shop in that city
5. Fill out the claim form at the workshop. After that, it is signed complete with a stamp, and other requirements are attached
6. The repair shop confirms with the insurance company. After the claim submission is approved, the car can be repaired immediately
Apart from covering the risks experienced by the vehicle owner, All Risk insurance also has a guarantee of Legal Liability to Third Parties or third party liability.
For example, when the insurance owner has an accident that damages someone else’s vehicle, he can use All Risk insurance to pay for the damage experienced.
In order for a claim for damage to a car that has been hit, it is necessary to fill out a number of additional documents apart from the requirements above. The following are additional conditions:
1. Attach a photocopy of third party KTP, SIM and STNK
2. Attach a letter of demand from a third party that is signed and stamped
3. Write a statement stating that the third party does not have car insurance
4. Certificate from the police regarding the accident experienced.