BEIRUT (Reuters) —
A young man suspected of carrying out a bomb attack that killed six people in Damascus, the Syrian capital in July, died after he jumped from a building in Beirut, Lebanon during a raid.
Citing reports by several Lebanese media and security sources, Reuters reported on Saturday (19/8), that the 23-year-old from the al-Tal region in Syria entered Lebanon illegally and is living with relatives in Al-Salam, a residential area south of Beirut. .
“A number of members of the Hezbollah group raided the location and when the suspect found out his whereabouts had been detected, he jumped from the seventh floor and was then rushed to St. George where he later died,” the source said.
A Reuters source added that two of his relatives were also detained.
Syrian state media said on July 27 that a bomb attached to a vehicle exploded outside the Sayeda Zeinab mosque in southern Damascus City. The bomb explosion killed several people and injured several others.
The day after the attack, ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack. (ft)