Suara.com – The Bahrain national team striker who is currently playing at Persija Jakarta, Abdulla Yusuf Helal supports the decision to stop the BRI Liga 1 2022/2023 competition as a result of the humanitarian tragedy at the Kanjuruhan Stadium, Malang. However, the 29-year-old striker hopes the competition is not completely stopped.
Yusuf is in his first season in the Indonesian competition and has so far scored 3 goals in Liga 1.
This season’s competition itself was officially suspended for two weeks following the Kanjuruhan tragedy.
PT Liga Indonesia Baru (LIB) has confirmed this, but not a few parties have demanded that Liga 1 2022/2023 be completely stopped on humanitarian grounds, considering that the death toll reached 120 people more than the aftermath of the rioting supporters after the Arema FC vs. Persebaya Surabaya match. last weekend.
Persija Agrees that Liga 1 will be stopped, Thomas Doll is grateful that he no longer needs to ride Rantis to the stadium
Yusuf agreed that Liga 1 should be temporarily suspended. All parties involved in Indonesian football must find a way out so that similar incidents do not happen again.
“It was a sad day for all of us. I don’t think anyone is happy if in a match someone has to lose their life,” Yusuf said on Persija’s official website, Tuesday (4/9/2022).
“Football is for fun, not a place to risk lives. I think the delay due to this incident is something normal,” continued the former Slavia Prague striker.
However, Yusuf said that the Persija squad still hopes that this season’s League 1 can actually be continued later. Of course if the situation is conducive.
“I hope we can continue this league as it should, don’t stop it completely or the competition is cancelled. We will always be ready to compete and we are still trying to maintain our performance,” said Yusuf.
Simone Inzaghi admits Barcelona is very strong and the best team in Europe at the moment, asks Inter to appear unusual
“We all still want to achieve our target this season,” concluded the striker.