Habib Bahar has become a hot topic of conversation recently, Habib Bahar bin Smith was sentenced to a prison sentence of six months and 15 days by the Panel of Judges at the Class IA Bandung District Court in a trial held today, Tuesday, August 16, 2022.
Habib Bahar was found guilty according to the first charge in the alleged case of spreading false news or hoaxes in a lecture.
The judge in the case stated that the founder of the Tajul Alawiyyin Islamic boarding school was guilty as in the first charge. In this case, Habib Bahar was found guilty of broadcasting uncertain news so as to publish polemics among the people.
The verdict is lower than the demands of the Public Prosecutor (JPU) from the West Java Prosecutor’s Office and the Bale Bandung Attorney’s Office. Habib Bahar was sentenced for the case of spreading false news or hoaxes in a lecture held in Nanjung Village, Margaasih District, Bandung Regency, during the Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday at the end of 2021.
Convicted of Guilty and imprisonment of 6 months and 15 days, Bahar Smith is released next week
Habib Bahar was proven to have violated Article 14 paragraph 1 of Law Number 1 of 1946 in conjunction with Article 55 of the Criminal Code.
Previously, Habib Bahar was caught in a violent case after molesting an online taxi driver named Andriansyah in the Bogor area in 2018.
The prosecutor stated that the abuse was carried out when the victim Andriansyah took Habib Bahar’s wife, Jihana Roqayah, to the market.
However, Habib Bahar’s wife was stuck in traffic and came home late at night.
Based on the confession from Habib Bahar, his wife came home late at night because she was stuck in traffic. When he got home, Jihana then complained to Habib Bahar, he admitted that he was seduced by Andriansyah, who is an online taxi driver.
Sentenced to 6 months in prison for spreading false news, Habib Bahar bin Smith immediately kissed the red and white flag
Knowing his wife was seduced by another man, Habib Bahar’s emotions then peaked. Habib Bahar then came to Andriansyah in the car.
Andriansyah later accepted violence from Habib Bahar. The online taxi driver took several hits from Habib Bahar.
Based on the confession of Habib Bahar during the trial, this attitude was carried out to maintain the dignity of the family, especially the dignity of his wife.
The trial then continued until the prosecution. In the prosecution, Habib Bahar was demanded by the prosecutor’s office for five months in prison.
Habib Bahar was found guilty of mistreatment in accordance with Article 351 of the Criminal Code in conjunction with Article 55. The judge in the trial then gave a verdict against Bahar.
In the verdict, the judge handed down a sentence lower than the prosecutor’s demand, namely a prison sentence of three months.
It is known, the case of violence committed by Habib Bahar is the second time. Previously, Habib Bahar was sentenced to three years in prison after molesting two teenagers.
In this case, Bahar is serving his sentence at the Gunung Sindur Prison.
Habib Bahar was released from the Gunung Sindur Prison on Sunday, November 21, 2021. Habib Bahar was declared free purely because he had completed his sentence in the case.
So, what is the journey of the Habib Bahar case like? Check out the following sequence of cases from Habib Bahar.
- December 1, 2018: Habib Bahar is known to have molested teenagers in Kemang Village, Bogor.
- 18 December 2018: Habib Bahar is serving his sentence at the West Java Regional Police.
- January 16, 2019: Habib Bahar experiences an extension of his detention period for 40 days.
- February 28, 2019: Conduct the inaugural trial at the Bandung District Court. Habib Bahar was charged with multiple articles, especially the article on child protection.
- March 6, 2019: Habib Bahar filed an exception against the prosecutor’s indictment. The trial was held at the Bandung City Library and Archives Building.
- June 13, 2019: Habib Bahar was sentenced to six years in prison and fined Rp. 50 million, subsidiary of 3 months in prison by the public prosecutor’s team during the trial.
- 9 July 2019: The Bandung District Court sentenced Habib Bahar to three years in prison and a fine of IDR 50 million, a subsidiary of one month in prison. Habib Bahar was then executed at Pondok Rajeg Prison, Cibinong, Bogor, West Java.
- May 16, 2020: Habib Bahar received an assimilation program from the Ministry of Law and Human Rights and was paroled.
- May 19, 2020: Habib Bahar is suspected of violating the conditions of assimilation. His parole was revoked. Habib Bahar then served his sentence in prison and was transferred to Nusakambangan, Central Java.
- October 12, 2020: Habib Bahar did not accept the revocation of assimilation and sued the Jakarta Administrative Court. Bahar won the lawsuit.
- 27 October 2020: Habib Bahar is back on trial in the case of mistreatment of a taxi driver. The case in question occurred on September 4, 2018.
- April 6, 2021: Habib Bahar undergoes his first trial in the case of assaulting a taxi driver. Session online. Habib Bahar is at Gunung Sindur Prison.
- 22 June 2021: The Bandung District Court sentenced Habib Bahar to three months in prison and was found guilty under Article 351 of the Criminal Code. Habib Bahar was sentenced to 2 months lighter than the prosecutor’s demands.
- 21 November 2021: Habib Bahar declared pure free.
- August 16, 2022: Habib Bahar is sentenced to six months and 15 days in prison by the Panel of Judges at the Class IA Bandung District Court regarding the alleged case of spreading false news or hoaxes in a lecture at the end of 2021.
Contributors: Syifa Khoerunnisa