Newsdelivers.com – Botok is a simple Javanese food made from grated coconut. In addition to grated coconut, it can also be combined with various ingredients, such as tofu, chicken, eggs, or shrimp. Well, this prawn botok can be a delicious side dish of warm rice.
Not only delicious, shrimp botok is also high in protein content from the coconut and shrimp used. How to make it is also quite easy. Very suitable daily menu that does not make you bored. Reported BrilioFood from the Instagram account @vhe.veronicaa, here’s the full recipe.
– 5 yellow tofu
– 500 gr small size prawns
– 300 gr grated coconut (choose young coconut)
– 2 eggs
– 4 green chilies, thinly sliced
– 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
– 4 bay leaves, torn
– 1½ tsp salt
– 1 tsp broth powder
– Banana leaves for wrapping
– 8 cloves of red onion
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 5 pieces of curly chili
– 10 pieces of cayenne pepper
– 1 segment of galangal
– 1 segment of kencur
How to make:
1. Cut the tofu into cubes. Clean the shrimp, remove the head (to taste).
2. Mix the finely ground spices with grated coconut. Give salt and powdered stock, taste correction, if not enough salt and powdered stock can be added. Add eggs, mix well.
3. Add tofu, prawns, bay leaf, green chilies, and spring onions. Stir until all smooth.
4. Prepare banana leaves, take 2-3 tablespoons botok, then pin it, do it until the ingredients run out.
5. Steam for 30-45 minutes or until cooked.
6. Botok Shrimp is ready to be served.