Who doesn’t know rujak spiced chicken? This is a food menu that includes one of the typical Indonesian dishes made from traditional spices.
As the name implies, this rujak seasoning chicken menu is rich in taste, whether it’s spicy, sweet, sour. For mothers who are interested in cooking and need a chicken salad recipe, see the method below.
This chicken salad recipe is quite special because the ingredients are quite simple. Check it out, Bun, here’s the recipe to try at home.
Photo: Hi Mother/ Annisa Shofia
Special chicken salad recipe
The chicken salad recipe consists of several ingredients, namely chicken ingredients, ground spices, and coating ingredients.
Ingredient 1: chicken
- 1 tail or about 600 grams of free-range chicken, cut into 4 parts
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 800 ml of water
Ingredient 2: ground spices
The next thing that should be prepared is the ground spices. Here are some types of spices in question:
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 5 shallots
- 10 large red chilies
- 3 to 5 pieces of cayenne pepper
- 4 pieces of roasted hazelnut
- 3 cm ginger
- 3 cm galangal
- 1 tsp fried/grilled shrimp paste
- salt to taste
Material 3: coating
The following is the coating material for the chicken salad recipe without coconut milk. The materials to be prepared include:
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, finely comb
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 sheet of lime leaf
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp cooking oil
- 400 ml of water
How to make special rujak seasoning chicken
After preparing the various ingredients mentioned above, the next is a delicious special chicken salad recipe, namely:
- Put the ingredients for 1 chicken into the pan, but make sure the chicken that will be used has been thoroughly washed. Then, boil over low heat and cover the pot until the chicken is tender. If it’s lifted and drained.
- Puree the ground spices listed in ingredient 2. Saute the ground spices until cooked and fragrant, using low heat.
- Don’t forget to also add the bay leaf and lime leaves in the stir fry, stir until smooth, and fragrant. Next, add water and stir again, add sugar, brown sugar, and cook until the gravy starts to shrink until the remaining water content is 40 percent. If so, then set the chicken aside.
- Prepare the grill. This time roast the chicken, until it changes color and emits the aroma of grilled chicken, set aside.
- Bruise the chicken, but don’t crush it.
- Boil the chicken again, until the spices are completely absorbed and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Grill the chicken again, and don’t forget to dip the grilled chicken into the rujak seasoning like ingredient 3.
- Repeat again by burning the chicken again, but this time only for a moment, so that the spices are more pervasive, then remove.
- Put the chicken in a serving plate and pour the remaining rujak sauce.
- Serve while warm, with rice.
How’s Bun? Must be delicious right? This method is one of the easiest ways to make using simple spices. Guaranteed the family will immediately eat this rujak spiced chicken. (PK)
Also check out the following video about the recipe for spicy fried chicken.