Culinary chinese food centuries old are known to have many fans. One of them is a kwetiau dish made of rice, flat and wide.
Kwetiau is often served in restaurants with a variety of toppings. However, whatever the toppings and presentation, the taste is still delicious and appetizing.
The most popular kwetiau menu is the fried kwetiau dish. For some reason, this menu is suitable to be eaten at various times. From breakfast to dinner. Let’s try it together, Bun!
Photo: Hi Mother/ Annisa Shofia
Restaurant-style fried kwetiau recipe
Well, here’s a restaurant-style fried kwetiau recipe that’s perfect for breakfast to dinner, including the ingredients and how to make it.
You can practice it at home, this easy and simple recipe.
Restaurant-style fried kwetiau ingredients
- 300 grams of wet kwetiau
- If using dry kwetiau then soak it for about 10 minutes in hot water until soft and fluffy.
- Chicken, 150 grams, coarsely chopped or cut to taste
- Shrimp, 50 grams, peeled
- Fish balls, 10 pieces, quartered
- Eggs, 2 eggs, beaten off and add 1/2 tsp salt
- Daun kol 100 grams
- Caisim, 3 sticks, chopped
- Scallion, 1 stalk, sliced sideways
- Garlic, 3 cloves peeled and coarsely chopped
- Onions, 1/2 sliced long
- Fish sauce, 1 tbsp
- Sweet soy sauce, 3 tbsp
- Pepper powder, 1/4 tsp
- Salt, 1 tsp
- sesame oil, 1/2 tsp
- cooking oil, 1 tbsp
- 50 ml of water
(How to make) restaurant-style fried kwetiau recipe
- Coat the kwetiau with sesame oil, and fish sauce, and sweet soy sauce. Then set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan. Then sauté the garlic and onions until fragrant.
- Pour in the eggs, then stir scrambled, until the eggs are half cooked.
- Add the chicken and cook until half cooked.
- Add the kwetiau and mix.
- Pour in the water and then mix well.
- Add the spices, namely salt, pepper powder, and mix well.
- Add vegetables, namely cabbage and caisim. Then stir until the vegetables are half wilted.
- Add the shrimp and baso fish, and mix well.
- Add the scallions and mix well again.
- Cook until done. Then taste, if there is less seasoning then you can add according to taste.
- After the taste is right, then you can serve it.
Mother can give a sprinkling of fried onions and sliced celery as a complement. Also serve with pickled cucumber and carrots. Even if you like it, it can be accompanied by cayenne pepper or chili sauce.
Regarding the vegetables, if you like it, you can also add green mustard, bean sprouts, or carrots. Add the vegetables after adding the kwetiau except the carrots which can be added after sauteing the chicken. Thus, the vegetables will still feel fresh and crispy, cooked properly and not too much overcook.
Easy, right? Good luck, bud. (PK)
Also check out the following video about the recipe for stir-fried peanuts with a super-saving budget, Bun!