Chicken katsu recipe is a mainstay at any fast food restaurant. This is because it tastes good and is liked by almost all family members -especially the Little One.
This chicken katsu recipe is actually easy to make, Bun. So Mother, you don’t need to always look for a restaurant every time your little one wants to eat it.
Try to get your little one to prepare it together.
Resep chicken katsu ala restoran
Here, Bubun will try to describe two chicken katsu recipes that you can practice at home.
1. Recipe for chicken katsu with barbecue sauce
- Provide 500 grams of chicken fillet that has been washed clean
- 1 tsp chicken flavoring
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- tsp fine salt
Flour layer ingredients:
- 300 gr bread flour
- 3 tbsp wheat flour
- 200 ml of clean water
- tsp chili powder
- tsp pepper powder
- tsp chicken flavoring
- 150 ml of clean water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with water
- 1 sdm BBQ sauce
- 1 clove of onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
How to make chicken katsu with barbecue sauce:
- Marinate the chicken in a mixture of pepper, salt and seasoning. Apply a little pressure on the chicken so the spices can soak in.
- Place the chicken in the refrigerator for about two hours.
- While waiting, make a layer of flour by mixing the pepper, chili powder, flavoring, and flour.
- Slowly pour in the water and stir so that the mixture thickens and does not clump.
- Dip chicken in flour and sugar mixture over breadcrumbs until evenly coated.
- Start to heat the oil over medium heat and fry the chicken until it is brown on both sides.
- The chicken katsu recipe will be perfect with BBQ sauce, you can start by sautéing the onions in butter.
- Add instant BBQ sauce, sugar and water. To thicken slightly, add cornstarch solution.
- Cook the sauce until it is fully cooked.
- Done, BBQ sauce chicken katsu is ready to be served.
2. Homemade chicken katsu recipe
- Prepare 300 grams of breadcrumbs
- 500 gr filleted chicken breast
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 cloves of garlic that have been mashed
- 2 cm ginger that has been mashed
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 pack of instant teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (adjustable)
- tsp fine salt
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- Enough water
How to make chicken katsu at home:
- Mix the garlic, pepper, ginger, salt, and teriyaki sauce in the water.
- Marinate the chicken with the spice mixture and let it rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll the chicken on top of the flour, dip in the beaten egg and finally coat the chicken with breadcrumbs until completely covered.
- Fry the chicken until both sides are brown.
- Done, a simple chicken katsu recipe is ready to be served on the table.
Those are 2 chicken katsu recipes that you can easily make with your little one. It’s guaranteed to be a winner! (PK)
Also check out the following video about other recipes that can be used as a new favorite menu at home.