Public interest in skin care products is increasing. This is evidenced by the emergence of brand-brand new skincare in the beauty industry with the solutions and innovations they offer.
To convince the target market, usually brand will issue claims or statements in the form of information about the benefits of the products they create. However, apparently, every business entity owner skincare can not carelessly claim to increase sales, Beauties.
illustration of skincare products. (Photo : pexels.com/Monstera)
This is stated in the regulation of the Indonesian Food and Drug Supervisory Agency (BPOM) Number 3 of 2022 regarding the Technical Requirements for Cosmetic Claims, which was stipulated on January 7, 2022.
In that rule publish Of website BPOM is written, “Claims for Cosmetics must reflect the existence of benefits for consumers in good conditions, so that Claims for Cosmetics are not justified for things that are claiming as if they are Medicines or aim to prevent a disease.”
Illustration of skincare. (Photo: freepik/lookstudio)
Therefore, BPOM determines the claim skincare must meet seven criteria, namely compliance with the law, truth, honesty, justice, can be proven, clear and easy to understand, and must not be stated as if it is a medicine or aims to prevent a disease.
Furthermore, there are 16 points of regulation that must be considered by brand in claiming the products they make, including not demeaning competitors’ products; do not use excessive words, such as “safe”, “harmless”, “no side effects”, and others.
Illustration of skincare products. (Photo: freepik.com/freepik)
From this regulation, there were more than 70 claims that were permitted by BPOM, including “cooling the skin”, “absorbing excess sweat”, “caring for youthful skin”, “cleaning hair”, and others.
Furthermore, there are 119 claims in the form of sentences that are prohibited by BPOM, including:
- Relieves irritation/redness due to prickly heat
- Prevent prickly heat
- Reduces itching due to mosquito bites
- Treat diaper rash
- Free from rashes and irritation
- Get rid of nail fungus
- Does not make skin allergic and irritated
- Minimizes skin irritation
- Prevents irritation
- Skin restructuring
- Tighten skin, chin and muscles
- Whiten face
- Has antiviral, antimicrobial and germicidal effects
- Get rid of black spots on the face
- Prevents and removes wrinkles
- Remove keloids and surgical scars
- Increase skin defense (Immunity)
- Prevent and/or cure stretch marks
- Repair damaged skin tissue / cells (Cell Renewal)
- Relaxes muscles
- Improve blood circulation
- Restore sore muscles
- Relieve stress
- Eliminate / overcome / stop acne
- Kills bacteria in acne
- Comedone free; blemish free skin
- Free the face from spots and black spots
- porous free
- Pain free
- Overcoming inflammation caused by acne
- Controls sebum/oil production
- get rid of cellulite
- Clarify body lines (silhouette)
- Eliminate or burn fat
- Lose weight
- Reduce swelling/edema
- Prevent/reduce/stop/slow down/inhibit aging
- Overcome/reduce wrinkles
- Tighten and improve breast shape
- Enlarge breasts
- Lifting sagging breasts due to breastfeeding
- Streamlining breast milk, increase lactation
- Makes skin younger
- Eliminate / reduce scars or sunburn
- Shrink the stomach
Furthermore, you can download and read the BPOM regulation document Number 3 of 2022 further on HEREya, Beauties.
Want to be one of the readers who can follow a variety of event fun in Beautynesia? Come on, join the Beautynesia reader community, B-Nation. The method REGISTER HERE!
(do / do)