Cireng is a traditional snack from Bandung. Recipe and the way to make it is quite easy, now even cireng has many variations ranging from cireng with rujak spices to stuffed ones.
Yes, as the name suggests, cireng rujak spice is a cireng served with rujak seasoning after it is cooked. In addition, cireng can also be served with peanut sauce, chili sauce, or bangkok chili, Mother.
To make it, you only need the basic ingredients of aci or starch. First of all, you need to make the starter dough until it looks like glue, then mix it into the dry ingredients and knead until it is perfectly coated.
The ingredients used are certainly simple, suitable as a snack when you need to save money on an old date. You can serve it with spices or stuffing, you can! Check out below, Mother, the full recipe:
1. Recipe for cireng rujak seasoning
Try the easiest dar, deh. Make ordinary cireng but with extra salad dressing. This recipe is quoted from the book Fun Cooking with Yackikuka.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mushroom stock powder
- 150 ml air
- 120 gr tapioca flour
- Right amount of oil
Salad seasoning ingredients:
- 30 ml of hot water
- 1 tbsp tamarind
- 8 red chilies
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 grams of brown sugar
How to make:
- Soak the tamarind in hot water. Stir well. Set aside.
- Grind red cayenne pepper, brown sugar, and salt. Add tamarind water according to taste.
- Grind the garlic with salt and powdered mushroom stock until smooth. Mix with 2 tablespoons tapioca flour from a dose of 120 grams.
- Add water, cook over low heat until the dough has a glue -like texture.
- Prepare a container, pour the remaining tapioca flour, mix with the cooked dough. Knead the dough, it doesn’t need to be smooth.
- Take a small amount of dough, about a small handful of hands. Shape into a flat round or whatever shape you want. You can also coat it again with dry tapioca flour if you want to get a crunchy sensation on the outside.
- Fry the dough in the heated oil. Fry over low heat and make sure the entire surface of the cireng is submerged in oil, Mother.
- Remove the cireng when the surface is dry. Serve with salad seasoning.
2. Recipe for peanut sauce cireng
This cireng recipe is quoted from the book Cookbook: A Collection of Recipes Throughout Masa.
- 160 ml air
- 50 gr of starch flour
- 120 gr of starch flour
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, puree
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- Salt to taste
- The oil for frying
- 4 pieces of curly red chili, puree
- 1 clove of garlic, puree
- 2 cm kencur, puree
- 1/2 tsp cooked shrimp paste
- 75 g of fried peanuts
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 lime leaves
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt to taste
How to make:
- Boil 160 ml of water, then add 50 g of starch. Stir until lumpy. Lift.
- Add the celery, garlic, ground pepper, chicken stock powder, and salt. Knead the dough by hand until the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Add the flour little by little, while continuing to knead until the dough can be shaped by hand.
- Take a pinch of dough, then flatten. Fry in hot oil until fluffy and cooked. Lift and drain.
- For peanut sauce, mix all ingredients, then heat over medium heat while stirring. Cook until boiling, thick, and oily. Lift.
Read the next page, there is a recipe for cireng stuffed with chicken to oncom.
In this video there is also a cireng recipe with a different filling than the others, Bunda. Watch it!