Newsdelivers.com – The Korean drama Squid Game managed to attract the attention of the audience and was very popular on the Netflix series. How not, this drama series is able to make the audience tense when watching it. Squid Game tells the story of adults who are in debt and take part in a match that puts their lives on the line.
Starring Lee Jung-jae and Park Hae-soo, Squid Game is still the talk of netizens. Not only is the storyline gripping, but also the acting quality of one of the actors, namely Wi Ha-joon. In this series he plays the character Joon Ho. Joon Ho is a police officer who is looking for the whereabouts of his brother who suddenly disappeared.
He also disguised himself as a Squid Game officer who was known to have been followed by his brother. Interestingly, netizens were actually stunned by Wi Ha-joon’s good looks. In fact, his face is not often highlighted in this series. In fact, Indonesian netizens have dubbed this young actor who is currently viral as ‘Mas Wi’.
So, what is Wi Ha-joon’s background in the South Korean entertainment world? What charm does Wi Ha-joon have to bewitch women through his acting in the drama series Squid Game?
YOU MAY LIKE THIS
For those of you who are curious about Wi Ha-joon, let’s look at the facts of his career journey as summarized brilio.net from various sources on Saturday (25/9).
1. This 1991-born actor studied at Sungkyul University majoring in Theater and Film.
2. Wi Ha-joon first entered the world of acting through a short film entitled Peace in Them in 2012.
3. Before officially debuting as an actor, Wi Ha-joon first entered the world of modeling. When he became a model, Wi Ha-joon managed to attract the attention of the agency. He also decided to enter the auspices of the MSTeam Entertainment agency.
4. Wi Ha-joon finally made his debut in the film Coin Locker Girl (2015). At that time, Wi Ha-joon played the younger version of the character Woo Gon.
5. In the same year, Wi Ha-joon continued his acting talent in the film Bad Guys Always Die (2015). A crime genre film, this comedy-spiced thriller also hooks Son Ye-jin as the main character.
6. An agency with Son Ye-jin at MSTeam Entertainment, it is not surprising if Wi Ha-joon often competes acting with other famous actors such as Lee Jong-suk, Jung Hae-in, Hwang In-yeop, Lee Sung-kyung, to Lee Je-hoon.
7. Although it has been a long time since his acting debut, Wi Ha-joon’s name has only been known to the public since he starred in the horror genre film, Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum in 2018. In the film, Wi Ha-joon plays a YouTuber named Han Joon.
8. Starting from a small role until he managed to win the main role, proves that Wi Ha-joon’s ability in acting is indeed quality. In fact, he was nominated for Best New Actor at the 2019 Baeksang Art Awards. He was selected for the nomination because of his expertise in playing the character Ji Seo-joon in the Korean drama Romance is a Bonus Book.
9. Not only good at acting, but Wi Ha-joon can also sing. He has shown his singing talent when filling the soundtrack for the drama Matrimonial Chaos (2018). He sang a song called “Maybe It’s too Late.”
10. Before his fame in the Korean drama Squid Game, Wi Ha-joon was identical to playing a role in drama or thriller genre films. In his latest film Midnight (2021), Wi Ha-joon successfully plays a two-faced serial killer with an unexpected expression.
11. After the Korean drama Squid Game, Wi Ha-joon was confirmed to play in the Korean drama Bad and Crazy which aired on tvN. He will compete acting with Lee Dong-wook. The plan, this drama airs at the end of 2021.
(brl / guf)